[Olympus developers 160]: Re: no_understanding handling

Νίκος Κατσαούνος nkatsaounos at wcl.ee.upatras.gr
Fri Sep 18 09:17:57 EDT 2009

Dear Antoine,
thanks for your answer!

I tried to "implement" your insrtuctions without success at the moment..
More specifically:
I tried to implement the "request_default" policy in my dialog. I attach the
Raveclaw.cfg file as well as the grounding.policies/request_default.pol
files. Inside my DialogTask.cpp file I write for the desired agent the
following code:
DEFINE_AGENCY( CMyGame,

IS_MAIN_TOPIC()

DEFINE_CONCEPTS(

)

DEFINE_SUBAGENTS(

SUBAGENT(RequestAction, CRequestAction, "request_default")

SUBAGENT(ExecuteBackendCall, CExecuteBackendCall, "")

)

..

When I ran my application,  I type init_session and RavenClaw module appears
the following error:

FATAL_ERROR at 15:42:23.841 (44)] Error in CGMRequestAgent::LoadPolicy().
Invalid state-space size (3 states expected, 0 found). <file
.\DMCore\Grounding\GroundingModels\GMRequestAgent.cpp, line 156>.

What is going wrong?

Well, I am not sure that I have understand the following section of
http://wiki.speech.cs.cmu.edu/olympus/index.php/Grounding_in_RavenClaw
you refer to

Policy files for agents have a similar structure. For a hand-written policy,
it first defines a small number of states using input features (mostly
features computed by Helios, starting with h4_...) in blocks like the
following. This example defines a state called UNDERSTANDING for any turn
that is not a non-understanding:
STATE[UNDERSTANDING]
 [h4_nonu] = 0
END
So..do I have to write something more in order to define the states refered
to request_default.pol(UNDERSTANDING, NONUNDERSTANDING, FAILED) ? If so,
where do I have to write such STATE definitions? Inside .pol file, inside
DialogTask.cpp or anywhere else? In which point/line?Thanks in advance!Nikos
Katsaounos ----- Original Message -----