[Olympus developers 101]: Re: moffo :P

Antoine Raux antoine.raux at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 00:42:01 EST 2009

Hi Jose,

The Moffo policies are the policies used in LetsGoPublic to handle
non-understanding. Dan is to blame for the naming ;)
The reference paper is:
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~antoine/papers/bohus_slt2006.pdf

I don't have time to discuss in details (I would have to first look into
Olympus because I don't remember the details, to be honest), but it's
somewhere in the grounding management thing. Specifically it's turn
grounding or agent grounding (as opposed to concept grounding, which
refers to explicit/implicit confirms). If you look in the RavenClaw
directories you should find where it's used.

Sorry I can't do more for now. Let me know if you have very specific
questions, and I'll see what I can do (I believe only Dan and I know
about the implementation - and it was completely written by Dan).

antoine