[Olympus developers 30]: Re: cmucltk changes

Alex Rudnicky Alex.Rudnicky at cs.cmu.edu
Mon May 5 10:13:16 EDT 2008

Cmculmtk comes with compiled windows native and linux versions
(available from sourceforge). There is no reason for an "end user" to
work with the source code for this tool, so I think it's ok to just
distribute binaries. (This is already necessary for the pronunciation
code.)

Cmuculmtk had to change because it contained library calls no longer
supported by mainstream linux/gnu systems. It was also not structured
all that well (I suspect that the latter is what's killing the VS
build.)

If someone does want to alter the code, the presumption should be that
they know enough to deal with Cygwin and perl (if they don't, they
shouldn't be fooling around down at that level).

Alex