[Olympus developers 10]: makefile-style env references in sphinx

Thomas K Harris tkharris at cs.cmu.edu
Fri Mar 14 15:31:43 EDT 2008

Hi,

I modified sphinxbase last night so that you can include references to
environment variables in the config. Something like this works nicely
enough for instance:

-samprate 16000
 -nfilt 40
 -lowerf 133
 -upperf 6855
 -hmm $(OLYMPUS_ROOT)\Libraries\pocketsphinx\model\hmm\wsj1
 -feat 1s_c_d_dd
 -cmn prior
 -agc none
 -lm LanguageModel/$(OLYMPUS_PROJECT).arpa
 -dict Dictionary/$(OLYMPUS_PROJECT).dict
 -logfn    ./desktop.log

The change is checked into the sphinxbase trunk. I don't want to mess
with the 'stable' branch until the change has had some time to mature.
There's a bunch of string manipulation in C, so it's almost guaranteed
to have bugs :\

I can supply a patch against 0.4 though if anyone wants it sooner than
later.

-Thomas