Connectionists: Free AIDA short e-course "Ethics & STICs", June - July 2024

Efi efipatm at gmail.com
Fri May 31 05:28:43 EDT 2024

Dear AI/CS/ECE student/scientist/engineer/enthusiast,

the International AI Doctoral Academy (AIDA <https://www.i-aida.org/>) is
excited to invite you to attend the upcoming short e-course by Dr. Thomas
Baudel "*Ethics & STICs*". ”. This course will be held on *1 June to 5
July, 2024*, conducted online.

*Key concepts*:  This course is focused on some specific types of ethical
issues encountered in information technologies including AI, which deserve
specific attention. If answering an ethical dilemma in bioethics is often
akin to answering the question “who are we?”, technology ethics triggers
more questions of the type “where are we going?”. This, in our opinion,
deserves a broad exposure.

*Details*

Host Institution: University Paris-Saclay

Level: all PhD students and researchers in Information & Communication
Sciences & Technologies

Schedule: Online MOOC, *1 June – 5 July, 2024*

Join us and explore further: https://www.i-aida.org/course/ethics-stics/

 Both AIDA and non-AIDA students are encouraged to participate in this
course for *free*

   - *AIDA Students* (PhD students/candidates, Post-doc researchers
   belonging to any AIDA Member <https://www.i-aida.org/about/members/>)
   should enroll on this course using the “ENROLL ON THIS COURSE” button on
   the AIDA course page <https://www.i-aida.org/course/ethics-stics/>, so
   that this course is included on your AIDA Certificate of Course Attendance
   upon successful completion of the course. Please also follow the
   instructions on the course page
   <https://www.fun-mooc.fr/fr/cours/ethics-stics/>.
   - Students/participants *not* associated with any AIDA member can join
   the course by following the instructions on the course page
   <https://www.fun-mooc.fr/fr/cours/ethics-stics/>.

The International AI Doctoral Academy (AIDA), a joint initiative of the
European R&D projects AI4Media <https://ai4media.eu/>, ELISE
<https://www.elise-ai.eu/>, Humane AI Net <https://www.humane-ai.eu/>,
TAILOR <https://tailor-network.eu/>, VISION
<https://www.vision4ai.eu/>, supports
a world-level AI education and research program. AIDA has regular lecture
series, short courses, semester courses, and seasonal schools with the
participation of hundreds of academics and serving a growing community of
AI PhD students and researchers.

 Best regards

AIDA Secretariat