Connectionists: Free AIDA short e-course "Graph Neural Networks", May 29-31, 2024

Efi efipatm at gmail.com
Wed May 15 08:57:53 EDT 2024

Dear AI/CS/ECE student/scientist/engineer/enthusiast,

the International AI Doctoral Academy (AIDA <https://www.i-aida.org/>) is
excited to invite you to attend the upcoming short e-course by AIDA
Lecturer Octavian Radu “*Graph Neural Networks*”. This course will be held
on May 29-31, 2024, conducted online via Google Meet.

*Key concepts*:  We will learn how to build a GNN from scratch, walking
through each part of the model and explain it. In the second part of the
course, we will bring convolution to graph models, and we will explore
Graph Convolutional Networks (GCN), Graph Attention Networks (GAT), Graph
Sample and Aggregate (GraphSAGE) and Graph Isomorphism Network (GIN). The
course will also cover the challenges of using graphs in machine learning,
how to overcome them and some empirical GNN design lessons.

*Details*

Host Institution: Doctoral School of Electronics, Telecommunications &
Information Technology | National University of Science and Technology
Politehnica Bucharest

Level: Postgraduate

Schedule: Online via Google Meet (the video call invitation (Google Meet)
will be provided on May 27 by the lecturer), *May 29-31, 2024, 12:00-14:00
GMT*

Join us and explore further:
https://www.i-aida.org/course/graph-neural-networks/

Both AIDA and non-AIDA students are encouraged to participate in this
course for *free*

   - *AIDA Students* (PhD students/candidates, Post-doc researchers
   belonging to any AIDA Member <https://www.i-aida.org/about/members/>)
   should enroll on this course using the “ENROLL ON THIS COURSE” button on
   the AIDA course page
   <https://www.i-aida.org/course/graph-neural-networks/>, so that this
   course is included on your AIDA Certificate of Course Attendance upon
   successful completion of the course. Please also fill in the Registration
   Form <https://forms.gle/KGABjuzMsCF6oEam7>.
   - Students/participants *not* associated with any AIDA member can join
   the course by filling out the Registration Form
   <https://forms.gle/KGABjuzMsCF6oEam7>.

The International AI Doctoral Academy (AIDA), a joint initiative of the
European R&D projects AI4Media <https://ai4media.eu/>, ELISE
<https://www.elise-ai.eu/>, Humane AI Net <https://www.humane-ai.eu/>,
TAILOR <https://tailor-network.eu/>, VISION
<https://www.vision4ai.eu/>, supports
a world-level AI education and research program. AIDA has regular lecture
series, short courses, semester courses, and seasonal schools with the
participation of hundreds of academics and serving a growing community of
AI PhD students and researchers.

Best regards

AIDA Secretariat