Connectionists: Next SIPTA seminar: 14th June, Eyke Hüllermeier, "the Challenge of Quantifying Epistemic Uncertainty in Machine Learning"

sdesterc sebastien.destercke at hds.utc.fr
Tue Jun 11 02:00:00 EDT 2024

Dear colleagues,

We are delighted to announce our upcoming SIPTA online seminar on imprecise probabilities (IP). These monthly events are open to anyone interested in IP, and will be followed by a Q&A and open discussion. They also provide an occasion for the community to meet, keep in touch and exchange between in-person events.

The next seminar will take place on the 14th of June (Friday).

The zoom link for this seminar is https://utc-fr.zoom.us/j/86257697233

For this new seminar, we are very happy to have Eyke Hüllermeier as our speaker. Eyke Hüllermeier is a full professor at the Institute of Informatics at LMU Munich, Germany, where he heads the Chair of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. His research interests are centered around methods and theoretical foundations of artificial intelligence, with a specific focus on machine learning and reasoning under uncertainty. He has published more than 300 articles on these topics in top-tier journals and major international conferences, and several of his contributions have been recognized with scientific awards. Professor Hüllermeier is President of the European Association for Data Science (EuADS) and Editor-in-Chief of Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery, one of the leading journals in the field of AI.

On the 14th of June, at 15:00 CEST:paris time (up to 17:00 CEST, with a talk duration of 45min/1h), he will talk about "the Challenge of Quantifying Epistemic Uncertainty in Machine Learning”. Curious? Then check out the abstract on the webpage of the SIPTA seminars: sipta.org/events/sipta-seminars. The zoom link for attending the seminar can be found on that same page. So please mark your calendars on the 14th of June, and join us for the occasion.

And for those who missed the previous seminar and want to catch up, or simply want to see it again and again, it is online at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUlb6ybqfpI&list=PLXsgvF2_g5Ht-BYPWsSjcunA3SgNiuw51&index=19

See you at the seminar!

Sébastien, Enrique and Jasper