Connectionists: Machine Learning Summer School 2024 in Okinawa: Apply by Sept. 30, 2023

Kenji Doya doya at oist.jp
Mon Sep 25 06:20:29 EDT 2023

We are pleased to organize the Machine Learning Summer School 2024 at OIST:
https://groups.oist.jp/mlss
It will be from March 4th to 15th, and yes, we call it summer in Okinawa.

The application deadline is September 30, 2023 (UTC). Please apply from here:
https://groups.oist.jp/mlss/application

Confirmed speakers:
Pierre Alquier, ESSEC
Marco Cuturi, ENSAE/Apple
Kenji Doya, OIST
Yu-Chiang Frank Wang, National Taiwan University/ NVIDIA
Kenji Fukumizu, ISM
Arthur Gretton, UCL
Tatsunori Hashimoto, Stanford University
Stefanie Jegelka, MIT
Gitta Kutyniok, LMU
Taiji Suzuki, University of Tokyo/RIKEN AIP
Diyi Yang, Stanford University
Amy Zhang, UT Austin
Han Zhao, UIUC

Target Audience:
We aim to select 200 highly motivated participants. Our primary target audience consists of master and PhD students with a strong technical background in machine learning related research topics. A limited number of industry practitioners, professors, researchers, outstanding bachelor's students may also be considered. All participants are expected to have knowledge of programming in Python, a keen interest in machine learning, and familiarity with linear algebra, basic calculus, and basic probability and statistics.

MLSS2024 organizers:
Makoto Yamada (OIST)
Masashi Sugiyama (U. of Tokyo / RIKEN AIP)
Kenji Doya (OIST)
Inquires: mlss2024 at oist.jp

----
Kenji Doya <doya at oist.jp>
Neural Computation Unit, Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University
1919-1 Tancha, Onna, Okinawa 904-0495, Japan
Phone: +81-98-966-8594; Fax: +81-98-966-2891 https://groups.oist.jp/ncu