Connectionists: PhD positions in Language and Cognition at the University of Connecticut

Tabor, Whitney whitney.tabor at uconn.edu
Wed Nov 15 01:35:38 EST 2023

The Language and Cognition program in the Department of Psychological Sciences at the University of Connecticut is recruiting a diverse group of creative scholars to join our PhD program in Fall, 2024.

We have a strong track-record of interdisciplinary research spanning from theory and computational modeling to empirical cognitive and neuroscience approaches. Research in our program examines a number of major themes, including neurobiological mechanisms in speech perception, reading, sentence processing, semantic memory and concept formation, event cognition, individual differences, and complex systems/dynamical systems theory approaches to language and cognition, in typical and atypical populations.

We have strong collaborative links to researchers outside of UConn as well as our colleagues at UConn including those in Linguistics, Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences, Educational Psychology, Mathematics, Philosophy, Engineering, and Medicine. We are affiliated with UConn’s Cognitive Science program, the CT Institute for the Brain and Cognitive Sciences (IBACS), and Haskins Laboratories.

Facilities include state-of-the-art MRI, high-density EEG, eye-tracking, TMS, and other neuromodulation techniques at UConn’s Brain Imaging Research Center and IBACS, as well as access to computing clusters, lab space, and a dynamic program of colloquia, internal talk series, and interest groups.

UConn graduate students are unionized and funding includes health insurance. To apply, contact a potential faculty advisor, explore UConn, and complete the application procedure by December 1, 2023.

To apply, please consult https://psychology.uconn.edu/phd/language-and-cognition

Whitney Tabor                                         (860) 486-4910 (office)
Department of Psychological Sciences        (860) 486-2760 (fax)
University of Connecticut                          (860) 486-6080 (lab)
Storrs, CT  06269-1020                            whitney.tabor at uconn.edu<mailto:whitney.tabor at uconn.edu>
USA                                                       BOUS Room 124 (office)
https://wp.solab.uconn.edu/