Connectionists: Registration open for algorithmic innovation in AI and biotech day (MIT/Harvard/PillarVC; 27th November; Boston)

Battleday, Ruairidh battleday at g.harvard.edu
Tue Nov 14 17:04:42 EST 2023

We are thrilled to announce a day of talks on algorithmic innovation and
entrepreneurship (Boston, 27th Nov).

TLDR: This will feature speakers from universities and tech companies
talking about the design and application of algorithms for innovation,
discovery, and design in their research:

www.algopreneurship.org

We will be hosting leading researchers from Harvard, MIT, Oxford,
Princeton, and Stanford, who will give a succession of short talks that
spotlight how their algorithms are being used to generate innovations in AI
research and biotech, including Professor George Church at Harvard, one of
the founders of synthetic biology, and Professor Mina Lukovic, who leads
the Algorithmic Design Group at MIT.

A group of industry leaders will attend and discuss these ideas in Q&A
sessions, roundtable discussions, and panel events. These include faculty
from HBS and MIT Sloan, as well as representatives from entrepreneurship,
VCs, and larger tech, consultancy, and biomedical companies. The event will
be open to the members of the AI and entrepreneurial communities, and
recorded for future viewing. There will be a lunch and post-expo reception.

Registration is via the website above. Please let me know if you have any
questions.

All the best,

Ruairidh Battleday

--
Dr Ruairidh McLennan Battleday BMBCh (Oxon) PhD

Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Center for Brain Science,
Harvard University

Center for Brains, Minds, and Machines,