Connectionists: [CfP] Third Call for Papers: Applied Sciences (IF: 2.7) Special Issue on "Application of Artificial Intelligence Methods in Processing of Emotions, Decisions and Opinions"

Ptaszynski Michal michal.ptaszynski at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 02:05:12 EST 2023

Dear Colleagues

Apologies for cross-posting.

This is Michal Ptaszynski from Kitami Institute of Technology, Japan.

We are accepting papers for the Applied Sciences journal (Impact Factor: 2.7) special issue on "Application of Artificial Intelligence Methods in Processing of Emotions, Decisions and Opinions". The new deadline for manuscript submission is March 31, 2024, but your paper will be sent for review as soon as it is submitted and will be published shortly after being accepted.

We hope you will consider submitting your paper.

https://www.mdpi.com/journal/applsci/special_issues/NTMDOE41MY

Best regards,

Michal PTASZYNSKI, Ph.D., Associate Professor

Department of Computer Science

Kitami Institute of Technology,

165 Koen-cho, Kitami, 090-8507, Japan

TEL/FAX: +81-157-26-9327

michal at mail.kitami-it.ac.jp

Applied Sciences (Impact Factor: 2.7)

Special Issue on "Application of Artificial Intelligence Methods in Processing of Emotions, Decisions and Opinions"

Special Issue Information

During recent years, social infrastructure has become irreversibly linked to the Internet through its everyday manifestations, such as social networking services (Twitter, Facebook, etc.). Every second this new tangible information-based reality provides large amounts of data filled with 1) emotional expressions; 2) people's opinions on various topics; and 3) their reasoning, revealing their decision-making processes. As these three categories are also closely interrelated with each other, they should be studied together to obtain a more robust view on all of the topics involved. This, as never before, provides an opportunity for the development and application of natural language processing methods, in particular those regarding such topics as emotion processing, decision-making, and opinion mining.

For this issue, we invite high-quality papers from researchers with an interest in knowing more about those topics and their connection to the world we live in through opinion and sentiment analysis, recommendation systems, web mining, automated decision-making, etc. We also invite papers on the topic of using Natural Language Processing tools and methods to process emotions, metaphors, ethics, or other phenomena related to human activities.

List of Topics

The Special Issue will invite papers on topics listed, but not limited to the following:

- opinion mining

- decision support systems

- emotion detection

- sentiment analysis