Connectionists: Can LLMs think?

Thomas Nowotny T.Nowotny at sussex.ac.uk
Mon Mar 20 05:47:50 EDT 2023

Hi Paul and Gary,
I think I am firmly in your camp & well summarised. However, there is this nagging doubt about how much of the human intelligence we attribute to each other and ourselves are the same “little strings and hidden compartments” and “how we just redirected the audience’s attention” that undoubtedly underlie LLMs abilities.
Best,
Thomas Nowotny