Connectionists: Chomsky's apple

Thomas Trappenberg tt at cs.dal.ca
Wed Mar 8 13:33:22 EST 2023

Terry, ChatGPT likely `saw' a lot of examples where objects fall due to
gravity, and I imagine that much of these things are discussed somehow. See
my earlier example on this list of what is heavier, 1kg of lead or 2000g of
feathers, and GPTs answer was `the same'. Of course, GPT picks first the
most common correlates of 'heavier' with `lead' and `feathers'. Of course,
when pressed, it will likely find some solutions to more specific questions
such as that is more, 1kg or 2000g.  So I must say, I'm with Chomsky.

Cheers, Thomas