Connectionists: Job Opening: Assistant Professor in Data Science

Stovold, James j.stovold at lancaster.ac.uk
Sat Jul 1 04:43:41 EDT 2023

Usual apologies for cross-posting.

We have two new Assistant Professor positions available at Lancaster University Leipzig, one with a focus on data science, one focussed on cyber security.

Lancaster University Leipzig is a young branch campus of Lancaster University, based in Leipzig Germany; we are small enough to have a good close-knit group of academics, but with strong connections to Lancaster University which is a well-established research-intensive university. The department is focussed on intelligent systems, including topics such as emergent behaviour, unconventional computing, quantum software engineering, and robotics.

These are grade 8 openings, so we would expect to see a research plan and teaching experience from interested applicants (grade 7 is the typical entry-level asst. prof. level).

For informal discussion, please feel free to email either me (j.stovold at lancaster.ac.uk), the HoD (f.papacchini at lancaster.ac.uk) or the Dean (c.blome at lancaster.ac.uk).

I will also be at the ALIFE conference in Sapporo if anybody wishes to speak in person.

Official job posts available here:

  *   Data Science: https://hr-jobs.lancs.ac.uk/Vacancy.aspx?ref=0721-23
  *   Cyber Security: https://hr-jobs.lancs.ac.uk/Vacancy.aspx?ref=0722-23

James