Connectionists: Annotated History of Modern AI and Deep Learning

Andrzej Wichert andreas.wichert at tecnico.ulisboa.pt
Fri Jan 13 06:40:37 EST 2023

Dear Juergen,

You make the same mistake at it was done in the earlier 1970. You identify deep learning with modern AI, the paper should be called instead "Annotated History of Deep Learning”

Otherwise, you ignore symbolical AI, like search, production systems, knowledge representation, search, planning etc., as if is not part of AI anymore (suggested by your title).

Best,

Andreas

Prof. Auxiliar Andreas Wichert

http://web.tecnico.ulisboa.pt/andreas.wichert/
-
https://www.amazon.com/author/andreaswichert

Instituto Superior Técnico - Universidade de Lisboa
Campus IST-Taguspark
Avenida Professor Cavaco Silva                 Phone: +351  214233231
2744-016 Porto Salvo, Portugal