Connectionists: Next sipta seminar: 13th january (Friday) at 3pm Paris time

Sebastien Destercke sebastien.destercke at hds.utc.fr
Fri Jan 6 10:20:15 EST 2023

Dear colleagues,

We are delighted to announce our sixth SIPTA online seminar on imprecise probabilities (IP), and the first of this new year. These monthly events are open to anyone interested in IP, and will be followed by a Q&A and open discussion. They also provide an occasion for the community to meet, keep in touch and exchange between in-person events.

The sixth seminar will take place on the 13th of January (Friday), at 3pm Paris Time.

The zoom link is https://utc-fr.zoom.us/j/89529523919

This sixth seminar will consist of a joint talk aiming at providing an overview of recent advances and challenges in a given field. For this, we are very happy to have three different speakers that will each give their view on the topic of Engineering in IP (during a 1 hour talk in total).

We are very happy to have as our speakers Alice Cicirello, the founder and the Head of the Data, Vibration and Uncertainty Group at Tu Delft, Matthias Faes, Chair for Reliability Engineering at TU Dortmund, and Edoardo Pattelli, Professor in Risk and Uncertainty Quantification and the Head of the Centre for Intelligent Infrastructure at the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, at Strathclyde University. All of them have made impressive contributions as to how one can deal with imprecision and uncertainty in various engineering problems, with a very rich expertise in both theoretical and applied problems. We are very much looking forward listening to their thoughts about the state of IP in engineering!

Curious? Then check out the abstract on the webpage of the SIPTA seminars: sipta.org/events/sipta-seminars. The zoom link for attending the seminar can also be found on that same page shortly before the event. So please mark your calendars on the 13th January, at 15:00 Paris Time, and join us for the occasion.

And for those who missed the previous seminar and want to catch up, or simply want to see it again and again, it is now online at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdsFlLudLjo.

See you at the seminar!

Sébastien, Enrique and Jasper