Connectionists: job offer software developer "Tools for open neuroimaging"

Jochem Rieger jochem.rieger at uni-oldenburg.de
Fri Feb 24 09:19:37 EST 2023

Dear all,

In our DFG-funded project "Tools and practices for reproducible open
neuroscience" we are looking for a new team member for the development
of a python based software for research data management with a focus on
neuroimaging data, such as MEG and MRI data.

Please circulate this among your students and other potential applicants.

The research data management software will be based on the Brain Imaging
Data Structure (BIDS). The project has two stages. The first stage is
the development of a tool to convert all data acquired at the main
devices of our facility (MEG and MRI) into the BIDS standard. The second
part is adding additional features to this tool, such as extracting and
annotating metadata in a standardized form to accompany the converted
datasets in order to make them better understandable and increase the
efficiency of the data.

The salary level is approximately 38000-40000 Euros p.a.  with 40h/week.
The position can be split.

We are looking for a highly motivated individual to fill this position.
The successful applicant has finished an apprenticeship as a software
technician or a bachelor's degree in a STEM field and has prior
experience with programming in python. Experience in the domain of
software engineering and working with BIDS data are welcome.  Students
looking to finance their studies are highly encouraged to apply for this
position.

For enquiries, please contact Aaron Reer: aaron.reer at uol.de or Prof. Dr.
Jochem Rieger: jochem.rieger at uol.de. Send your application preferred in
one single pdf document (letter of motivation, CV, certificates) to
Aaron Reer, E-mail: aaron.reer at uol.de. The deadline for applications is
March, 10th, 2023.

The Applied NeuroCognitive Psychology lab (ANCP lab) is located at the
Carl-von-Ossietzky University, Oldenburg, Germany. Remote work is
possible. Conditions can be negotiated.

--

Jochem Rieger
Prof. Dr. rer. nat. habil.