Connectionists: 7th SIPTA seminar: Teddy Seidenfeld ("Some finitely additive probabilities and decisions") this Friday at 3pm CET

Sebastien Destercke sebastien.destercke at hds.utc.fr
Tue Feb 14 07:32:45 EST 2023

Dear colleagues,

We are delighted to announce our upcoming seventh SIPTA online seminar on imprecise probabilities (IP). These monthly events are open to anyone interested in IP, and will be followed by a Q&A and open discussion. They also provide an occasion for the community to meet, keep in touch and exchange between in-person events.

The seventh seminar will take place on the 17th of February (Friday), at 3pm CET (Paris time).

The zoom link for this next seminar is https://utc-fr.zoom.us/j/86719575230

For this seventh seminar, we are very happy to have Teddy Seidenfeld as our speaker. Teddy Seidenfeld is the Herbert A. Simon University Professor of Philosophy and Statistics at Carnegie Melon University. He has numerous core and foundational contributions in the fields of philosophy, statistics, probability, game theory and related areas.

On the 17th February, at 15:00 CET (up to 17:00 CET, with a talk duration of 45min/1h), he will talk about "Some finitely additive probabilities and decisions”. Curious? Then check out the abstract on the webpage of the SIPTA seminars: sipta.org/events/sipta-seminars. The zoom link for attending the seminar can also be found there.

And for those who missed the previous seminar and want to catch up, or
simply want to see it again and again, it is now online at
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaFCzWum1XI.

See you at the seminar!

Sébastien, Enrique and Jasper