Connectionists: A podcast about how I introduced neural networks in 1957 and discovered how resonant brain states may become conscious

Grossberg, Stephen steve at bu.edu
Tue Dec 12 11:34:04 EST 2023

Dear Connectionists colleagues,

I have attached below the title and url of a two-hour video podcast about my life and work developing neural network models of how our brains make our minds, and applying them to solve large-scale problems in engineering, technology, and AI.

The podcast discussion is wide-ranging, including:

How I came to introduce neural networks in 1957 as a college Freshman, and

How I came to model how resonant brain processes embody conscious awareness.

The title of the podcast is:

How Do Resonant Brains Make Conscious Minds?
Towards Solving the Hard Problem of Consciousness

https://lnkd.in/eS8n-ZTj

This is a discussion with Tevin Naidu from his series Mind-Body Solution.

The podcast was motivated by my Magnum Opus

CONSCIOUS MIND, RESONANT BRAIN: HOW EACH BRAIN MAKES A MIND

https://lnkd.in/eiJh4Ti

that I wrote to be self-contained and non-technical for a general audience.

Best,

Steve Grossberg

Stephen Grossberg
Wang Professor of Cognitive and Neural Systems
Director, Center for Adaptive Systems
Emeritus Professor of Mathematics & Statistics, Psychological & Brain Sciences, and Biomedical Engineering
Boston University
sites.bu.edu/steveg/
steve at bu.edu<mailto:steve at bu.edu>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Grossberg