Connectionists: Undergraduate Volunteers and Travel Prize for Mathematics of Neuroscience and AI Convention, Rome, 28-31st May 2024

Battleday, Ruairidh battleday at g.harvard.edu
Mon Dec 11 11:24:31 EST 2023

The organizing committee is recruiting two volunteers to help prepare for
and run the 5th International Convention on the Mathematics of Neuroscience
and AI:

www.neuromonster.org

This year's conference is to be held in Rome,  28th-31st May 2024. We are
seeking two undergraduate students at British universities to help with
conference organization.

Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and a response sent as
soon as a decision is made, via the following link:

https://forms.gle/RETRucgZEYPRnfoc8

*Position 1: website and registrations (30 hours before and during the
conference)*
This position will involve keeping the website updated with speaker
information (via Squarespace), ensuring speakers complete registration, and
ensuring people that register online complete the full registration
process. It will also involve helping the Italian staff with the
registration desk on the first day.

*Position 2: AV equipment, zoom, and processing recordings (30 hours during
and after the conference)*
This position will involve making sure the virtual components of the
conference are running smoothly, and processing talk recordings after the
conference.

*Benefits*
This is a great opportunity for anyone interested in cognitive science,
computational neuroscience, or machine learning and artificial intelligence
to become involved in a major international event! Through it, you will
meet established and rising stars in the field, gain an appreciation of
what research at a graduate level and beyond is like, and understand the
workings of a nonprofit and conference. Our previous iterations have been
called "the best conference ever" by many attendees!

*Requirements*
We are looking for two undergraduate students reading for degrees related
to cognitive science, computational neuroscience, or machine learning and
artificial intelligence at *British Higher Education *universities and /
or institutions. Most of all, we are looking for enthusiastic young
scientists interested in careers in these three fields!

You may apply with a friend or colleague and split the two positions.
Conversational-level Italian is preferred, but not essential.

*Remuneration*
We will cover flights to Rome for the conference from the UK, as well as
accommodation and a modest food and drink budget.

Any further questions, please feel free to email
battleday at thinkingaboutthinking.org.

--
Dr Ruairidh McLennan Battleday BMBCh (Oxon) PhD

Executive Director
Thinking About Thinking

Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Center for Brain Science,