Connectionists: Next SIPTA Seminar: 12th December at 3pm Paris Time

sdesterc sebastien.destercke at hds.utc.fr
Tue Dec 5 00:47:52 EST 2023

Dear colleagues,

We are delighted to announce our upcoming SIPTA online seminar on imprecise probabilities (IP). These monthly events are open to anyone interested in IP, and will be followed by a Q&A and open discussion. They also provide an occasion for the community to meet, keep in touch and exchange between in-person events.

The next seminar will take place on the 12th December (Tuesday).

The zoom link for this seminar is https://utc-fr.zoom.us/j/82027992604

For this new seminar, we are very happy to have Daniel Kuhn as our speaker. Daniel Kuhn is Professor of Operations Research at the College of Management of Technology at EPFL, where he holds the Chair of Risk Analytics and Optimization. Daniel Kuhn research interests cover a wide range of optimisation problems, with a specific interest in optimisation under uncertainty and distributionally robust optimisation, a topic that directly connects to handling sets of probabilities.

On the 12th of December, at 15:00 paris time (up to 17:00, with a talk duration of 45min/1h), he will talk about "On the Interplay of Optimal Transport and Distributionally Robust Optimization”. Curious? Then check out the abstract on the webpage of the SIPTA seminars: sipta.org/events/sipta-seminars. The zoom link for attending the seminar can be found on that same page. So please mark your calendars on the 12th of December, and join us for the occasion.

And for those who missed the previous seminar and want to catch up, or simply want to see it again and again, it is online at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M676ZQ8uZvE

See you at the seminar!

Sébastien, Enrique and Jasper