Connectionists: Upcoming Faculty Opening in Theoretical Neuroscience

Lin, I-Chun i.lin at ucl.ac.uk
Tue Oct 25 06:37:03 EDT 2022

The Gatsby Computational Neuroscience Unit intends to recruit one Principal Investigator in Theoretical Neuroscience at any academic rank (UCL grades 8 to 10; Lecturer/Group Leader-level to Professorial).

We seek candidates who focus on the mathematical underpinnings of adaptive intelligent behaviour in animals or develop mathematical tools and models to understand how neural circuits and systems function. We are particularly interested in researchers who are well placed to take advantage of collaborations within the unit; with our sister institute, the Sainsbury Wellcome Centre for Neural Circuits and Behaviour; and elsewhere at UCL.

Gatsby faculty members pursue and develop their own lines of research within the broad remit of the unit’s focus on the mathematical principles of learning, perception and action in brains and machines. For an overview of our current work, please see www.ucl.ac.uk/gatsby/research-0<http://www.ucl.ac.uk/gatsby/research-0>. We maintain a singular and cohesive research culture, emphasising interaction and collaboration both within the unit and beyond. Our faculty members teach and supervise at graduate level, primarily as part of the unit’s international PhD programme.

We encourage informal enquiries about this upcoming position. Interest from women and those from an ethnic minority background is particularly welcome, as they are under-represented within UCL at these levels.

Please direct enquiries to I-Chun Lin (Scientific Programme Manager, i.lin at ucl.ac.uk). We will be best placed to respond to enquiries that include a short CV and a brief sketch of research interests. www.ucl.ac.uk/gatsby/vacancies<http://www.ucl.ac.uk/gatsby/vacancies>

--
I-Chun Lin, PhD
Scientific Programme Manager