Connectionists: Fourth SIPTA seminar: 21th October, at 15:00 CEST, Ignacio Montes talking about "Coalitional game theory vs Imprecise probabilities: Two sides of the same coin ... or not?"

Sébastien Destercke sebastien.destercke at hds.utc.fr
Wed Oct 12 11:45:36 EDT 2022

Dear Colleagues,

We are delighted to announce our third SIPTA online seminar on
imprecise probabilities (IP). These monthly events are open to anyone
interested in IP, and will be followed by a Q&A and open discussion.
They also provide an occasion for the community to meet, keep in touch
and exchange between in-person events.

For this fourth seminar, we are very happy to have Ignacio Montes as
our speaker. Ignacio Montes is currently Associate Professor at the
Department of Statistics and Operations Research at the University of
Oviedo, and has made many contributions to imprecise probabilities. He
is well known for his contributions on rankings and on copulas within
IP models, but has also made significant contributions to characterise
practical models or to bridge notions between game theory and
imprecise probabilities

On the 21th October, at 15:00 CEST (up to 17:00 CEST, with a talk
duration of 45min/1h), he will talk about "Coalitional game theory vs
Imprecise probabilities: Two sides of the same coin ... or not?”.
Curious? Then check out the abstract on the webpage of the SIPTA
seminars: sipta.org/events/sipta-seminars. The zoom link for attending
the seminar will appear on that same page shortly before the event. So
please mark your calendars on the 21th October, at 15:00 CEST, and
join us for the occasion.

And for those who missed the previous seminar and want to catch up, or
simply want to see it again and again, it is now online at
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFLBWTeW0II.

See you at the seminar!

Sébastien, Enrique and Jasper