Connectionists: The Perception Census - Call for Participation

Anil Seth A.K.Seth at sussex.ac.uk
Mon Oct 10 05:24:10 EDT 2022

Do you see what I see? Call for participation in The Perception Census - a new online citizen-science study of individual differences in perception (perceptual diversity). Led by the Universities of Sussex and Glasgow, The Perception Census involves a series of fun, interactive tasks playing with colour, illusion, sound, and more. Participation is easy - all you need is your own computer - and everyone that joins in will help advance the science and will learn about their own powers of perception. The Perception Census is part of the Dreamachine programme - a groundbreaking collective, immersive experience that has toured the UK this summer as part of a nationwide celebration of creativity and innovation.

We’d be very grateful if you’d consider taking part in The Perception Census, and helping us spread the word. Find out more and sign up at <https://perceptioncensus.dreamachine.world/> https://perceptioncensus.dreamachine.world<https://perceptioncensus.dreamachine.world/>

…. and read more about the motivation for the study, and about the concept of ‘perceptual diversity’, in this Guardian article: https://www.theguardian.com/books/2022/oct/03/the-big-idea-do-we-all-experience-the-world-in-the-same-way

Many thanks
Anil Seth (Sussex) and Fiona Macpherson (Glasgow)

Anil K. Seth, D.Phil.
Professor of Cognitive and Computational Neuroscience, University of Sussex
Co-Director, Canadian Institute for Advanced Research, Program on Brain, Mind, and Consciousness
Advanced Investigator, European Research Council
Editor-in-Chief, Neuroscience of Consciousness
www.anilseth.com<http://www.anilseth.com> @anilkseth

Test your senses with the Perception Census
https://perceptioncensus.dreamachine.world/

[cid:6D80F6E6-C826-4598-8C7E-12D35DFB48B7]