Connectionists: Two next SIPTA seminars: 29th November and 14th December (both 15:00 CEST)

Sebastien Destercke sebastien.destercke at hds.utc.fr
Sun Nov 20 12:22:12 EST 2022

Dear colleagues,

We are delighted to announce our upcoming fifth and sixth SIPTA online seminars on imprecise probabilities (IP). These monthly events are open to anyone interested in IP, and will be followed by a Q&A and open discussion. They also provide an occasion for the community to meet, keep in touch and exchange between in-person events.

The fifth seminar will take place on the 29th of November (Tuesday) and the sixth on the 14th of December (Wednesday), both at 3pm CEST.

The zoom link for the next seminar (29th) is https://utc-fr.zoom.us/j/87301217403

For this fifth seminar, we are very happy to have Fabio Cozman as our speaker. Fabio Cozman is a Full Professor at Escola Politécnica (Poli), Universidade de São Paulo (USP), and Director of the Center for Artificial Intelligence at USP. He has made many core contributions to artificial intelligence in general, on such varied topics as graphical models, logic or machine learning. He is also interested in the very foundations of reasoning under uncertainty, and has made numerous contributions to imprecise probability.

On the 29th November, at 15:00 CEST (up to 17:00 CEST, with a talk duration of 45min/1h), he will talk about "Dealing with Uncertain Arguments in Artificial Intelligence”. Curious? Then check out the abstract on the webpage of the SIPTA seminars: sipta.org/events/sipta-seminars. The zoom link for attending the seminar can be found on that same page shortly before the event. So please mark your calendars on the 27th September, at 15:00 CEST, and join us for the occasion.

And for those who missed the previous seminar and want to catch up, or
simply want to see it again and again, it is now online at
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g10_mhNfMWs.

See you at the seminar!

Sébastien, Enrique and Jasper