Connectionists: Second Call for Papers - AI for Education at AAAI 2023

Zitao Liu zitao.jerry.liu at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 20:26:38 EST 2022

*The 4th International Workshop on AI for Education at AAAI 2023*

** Call for Papers ** - AAAI2023 The 4th International Workshop on AI for
Education

*http://ai4ed.cc/workshops/aaai2023* <http://ai4ed.cc/workshops/aaai2023>

Technology has transformed over the last few years, turning from futuristic
ideas into today’s reality. AI is one of these transformative technologies
that is now achieving great successes in various real-world applications
and making our life more convenient and safe. AI is now shaping the way
businesses, governments, and educational institutions doing things and is
making its way into classrooms, schools and districts across many countries.

---------------------

*Workshop Description*

---------------------

In this workshop, we invited AIED enthusiasts from all around the world
through the following three different channels:

First, we invited established researchers in the AIED community to give a
broad talk that (1) describes a vision for bridging AIED communities; (2)
summarizes a well-developed AIED research area; or (3) presents promising
ideas and visions for new AIED research directions.

Second, we called for regular workshop paper submissions and
cross-submissions (papers that have appeared in or submitted to alternative
venues) related to a broad range of AI domains for education.

Third, we hosted a global challenge on Codalab for a fair comparison of
state-of-the-art Knowledge Tracing models and invited technical reports
from winning teams.

---------------------

*Regular Workshop Paper Submission*

---------------------

We invite high-quality paper submissions of theoretical and experimental
nature on topics including, but not limited to, the following:

l Emerging technologies in education

l Evaluation of education technologies

l Immersive learning and multimedia applications

l Implications of big data in education

l Self-adaptive learning

l Individual and personalized education

l Intelligent learning systems

l Intelligent tutoring and monitoring systems

l Automatic assessment in education

l Automated grading of assignments

l Automated feedback and recommendations

l Big data analytics for education

l Analysis of communities of learning

l Computer-aided assessment

l Course development techniques

l Data analytics & big data in education

l Mining and web mining in education

l Learning tools experiences and cases of study

l Social media in education

l Smart education

l Digital libraries for learning

l education analytic approaches, methods, and tools

l Knowledge management for learning

l Learning analytics and educational data mining

l Learning technology for lifelong learning

l Tracking learning activities

l Uses of multimedia for education

l Wearable computing technology in e-learning

l Smart classroom

l Dropout prediction

l Knowledge tracing

The workshop solicits 4-7 pages double-blind paper submissions from
participants. Submissions of the following flavors will be sought: (1)
research ideas, (2) case studies (or deployed projects), (3) review papers,
(4) best practice papers, and (5) lessons learned. The format is the
standard double-column AAAI Proceedings Style. All submissions will be
peer-reviewed. Some will be selected for spotlight talks, and some for the
poster session.

---------------------

*Cross-submissions*

---------------------

In addition to previously unpublished work, we invite papers on relevant
topics which have appeared in alternative venues (such as other ML or AIED
conferences). Accepted cross-submissions will be presented as *15-min oral
presentations*, with an indication of the original venue. Selection of
cross-submissions will be determined solely by the organizing committee.
There will be no regular paper reviews for cross submissions.

---------------------

*Submission Website*

---------------------

Submission website: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=aaai2023ai4edu.
The submission AUTHOR KIT can be found at
https://www.aaai.org/Publications/Templates/AnonymousSubmission23.zip.

---------------------

*Global Knowledge Tracing Challenge*

---------------------

In this competition, we would like to call for researchers and
practitioners worldwide to investigate the opportunities of improving the
student assessment performance via knowledge tracing approaches with rich
side information.

The details of this competition can be found at
http://ai4ed.cc/competitions/aaai2023competition.

---------------------

*Important Dates*

---------------------

Nov 27, 2022: Workshop paper submission due AOE

Dec 25, 2022 : Notifications of acceptance

Jan 5, 2023: Deadline of the camera-ready final paper submission

Feb 13 (or 14), 2023: Workshop Date

---------------------

*Organizers*

---------------------

Zitao Liu TAL Education Group, China

Weiqi Luo Guangdong Institute of Smart Education, Jinan University, China

Shaghayegh (Sherry) Sahebi University at Albany – SUNY, USA

Lu Yu Beijing Normal University, China

Richard Tong IEEE AI Standard Committee & Squirrel AI Learning, USA

Jiahao Chen TAL Education Group, China

Qiongqiong Liu TAL Education Group, China

Best Regards,

The AI4EDU workshop organizing committees (Zitao Liu, Weiqi Luo, Shaghayegh
Sahebi, Lu Yu, Richard Tong, Jiahao Chen, Qiongqiong Liu)

Dr. Zitao Liu | http://www.zitaoliu.com