Connectionists: PhD Position in Human-Centered Artificial Intelligence (Hagenberg and Linz, Austria)

Bodenhofer Ulrich Ulrich.Bodenhofer at fh-hagenberg.at
Thu Nov 10 06:15:30 EST 2022

Job Announcement for Fully-Funded Position as PhD Student Researcher

On April 1, 2022, we started an exciting new research and training program for PhD students: Human-Centered Artificial Intelligence (HCAI). The HCAI program funds a total of five PhD student researchers for up to 4 years. Employment is for 30 hours/week, according to the regulations of the funding body, i.e., the Austrian Science Fund (FWF). Currently, there is still one position open:

PhD 1 - Overcoming the Dichotomy of Deep Learning vs. Symbolic AI (see details in official job announcement; link below).

To fill this open position, we are seeking a highly motivated student with a background in Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning holding a Master's degree (or equivalent). The student will be employed at the University of Applied Sciences, Upper Austria (FH OÖ), Hagenberg Campus. The selected student will be given the unique opportunity to work on an exciting and timely topic, at the intersection of basic and applied research, thanks to the close collaboration between the project partners, Johannes Kepler University Linz (JKU) and FH OÖ.

For more information, please visit: https://bit.ly/3Gf6t2e