Connectionists: 2-year postdoc in NLP/data science

Haim Dubossarsky haim.dub at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 05:41:46 EST 2022

Dear colleagues,

We are hiring a second postdoc! Do you have a lot of drive and are
interested in getting engaged in a vibrant, new research field with the
chance to work with some of the best in the field?

We are announcing one or more 2-year postdoc positions in identification
and analysis of lexical semantic change using computational models applied
to diachronic texts. Application deadline November 15!

Our languages change over time. As a consequence, words may look the same,
but have different meanings at different points in time, a phenomenon
called lexical semantic change (LSC). To facilitate interpretation, search,
and analysis of old texts, we build computational methods for automatic
detection and characterization of LSC from large amounts of text. Our
outputs will be used by the lexicographic R&D unit that compiles the
Swedish Academy dictionaries, as well as by researchers from the humanities
and social sciences that include textual analysis as a central
methodological component.

We are looking for a researcher with a phd in a relevant area (for example,
language technology/natural language processing, computer science, complex
systems, mathematics, linguistics with experience in computational methods,
or informational sciences).

The Change is Key! program and the Towards Computational Lexical Semantic
Change Detection research project offer a vibrant research environment for
this exciting and rapidly growing cutting-edge research field in NLP. There
is a unique opportunity to contribute to the field of LSC, but also to
humanities and social sciences through our active collaboration with
international researchers in historical linguistics, analytical sociology,
gender studies, conceptual history, and literary studies.

Come join us!

https://web103.reachmee.com/ext/I005/1035/job?site=7&lang=UK&validator=9b89bead79bb7258ad55c8d75228e5b7&job_id=26958