Connectionists: First SIPTA seminar: 30th of May, at 15:00 CEST, Gert de Cooman talking about "Imprecision, not as a problem, but as part of the solution" SIPTA

Sébastien Destercke sebastien.destercke at hds.utc.fr
Wed May 4 07:10:09 EDT 2022

Dear colleagues,

We are thrilled to announce that SIPTA will soon host its very first
online seminar on imprecise probabilities (IP); the start of what will
hopefully be a long series of engaging talks on IP and its
applications. These monthly events are open to anyone interested in
IP, and will be followed by a Q&A and open discussion. They also
provide an occasion for the community to meet, keep in touch and
exchange between in-person events.

For our first seminar, we are very happy to have Gert de Cooman as our
inaugural speaker. He has been a strong advocate of IP for over 20
years, was a founding member and the first president of SIPTA, and
contributed to the foundations of IP ever since. On the 30th of May,
at 15:00 CEST, he will open our series with a talk on “Imprecision,
not as a problem, but as part of the solution”. Curious? Then check
out the abstract on the webpage of the SIPTA seminars:
sipta.org/events/sipta-seminars. The zoom link for attending the
seminar will appear on that same page shortly before the event.

So please mark your calendars on the 30th of May, 15:00 CEST, and join
us in opening this series with a bang.

See you at the seminar!

Sébastien Destercke, Enrique Miranda and Jasper De Bock