Connectionists: Postdoc in reinforcement learning, at Chalmers, Sweden

Christos Dimitrakakis christos.dimitrakakis at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 05:23:54 EDT 2022

Postdoc in reinforcement learning (2-4 years)

We are looking for a postdoctoral researcher to join our group on
reinforcement learning and decision making under uncertainty more
generally, at Chalmers University of Technology, Gothenburg, Sweden.
We are looking for candidates with a strong research interest in the
following fields

1. Exploration in reinforcement learning.
2. Decision making nuder partial information.
3. Representations of uncertainty in decision making.
4. Theory of reinforcement learning (e.g. PAC/regret bounds)
5. Bayesian inference and approximate Bayesian methods.

The main supervisor will be Christos Dimitrakakis <
https://sites.google.com/site/christosdimitrakakis >

Examples of our group's past and current research can be found on arxiv:
https://arxiv.org/search/?searchtype=author&query=Dimitrakakis%2C+C.  The
student will have the opportunity to visit and work with other group
members at the University of Oslo, Norway (
https://www.mn.uio.no/ifi/english/people/aca/chridim/index.html ) and
Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden (
http://www.cse.chalmers.se/~chrdimi/ ).

The candidate's background will be mainly assessed through their
publications, and secondarily through an interview.

*Starting date* 1 September 2022 or soon afterwards.
*Application deadline* 31 May 2022.

For more information, and to apply, visit this page:

https://www.chalmers.se/en/about-chalmers/Working-at-Chalmers/Vacancies/Pages/default.aspx?rmpage=job&rmjob=10191&rmlang=UK

1. A statement of research interests and motivation relevant to the
position.
2. A CV with a list of references and a link to your google scholar page or
similar.

Feel free to include any other additional information.