Connectionists: A New Society for Explainability, Safety and Trust in AI + a possible inaugural hybrid conference in San Francisco in early August

Asim Roy ASIM.ROY at asu.edu
Tue Mar 15 03:28:56 EDT 2022

Dear Colleagues,

There’s reasonable interest in forming a new Society for Explainability, Safety and Trust in AI. The main purpose of the society would be to help consolidate work in these areas and provide it greater focus and thrust. Right now, work in these areas is presented in different journals and conferences and is kind of fractionated. Consolidation of research in these areas in terms of conferences, workshops and other activities should also facilitate broader interactions with the industry. And we can also start a newsletter to feature research and related news.

We are still thinking of an inaugural hybrid conference in San Francisco the first week of August. Let me know if you would be interested in (1) attending and presenting a paper, (2) being on the program committee, and (3) being on the organizing committee.

Once we know that there is sufficient interest to move forward, we will formally incorporate the Society and start to organize the first conference.

You can email me if you have interest in one or more of the conference activities listed above.

Asim Roy
Professor, Information Systems
Arizona State University
Lifeboat Foundation Bios: Professor Asim Roy<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__lifeboat.com_ex_bios.asim.roy&d=DwMFaQ&c=slrrB7dE8n7gBJbeO0g-IQ&r=wQR1NePCSj6dOGDD0r6B5Kn1fcNaTMg7tARe7TdEDqQ&m=waSKY67JF57IZXg30ysFB_R7OG9zoQwFwxyps6FbTa1Zh5mttxRot_t4N7mn68Pj&s=oDRJmXX22O8NcfqyLjyu4Ajmt8pcHWquTxYjeWahfuw&e=>
Asim Roy | iSearch (asu.edu)<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__isearch.asu.edu_profile_9973&d=DwMFaQ&c=slrrB7dE8n7gBJbeO0g-IQ&r=wQR1NePCSj6dOGDD0r6B5Kn1fcNaTMg7tARe7TdEDqQ&m=waSKY67JF57IZXg30ysFB_R7OG9zoQwFwxyps6FbTa1Zh5mttxRot_t4N7mn68Pj&s=jCesWT7oGgX76_y7PFh4cCIQ-Ife-esGblJyrBiDlro&e=>