Connectionists: Second SIPTA seminar: 29th of June, at 15:00 CEST, Ruobin Gong talking about "Imprecise probabilities in modern data science: challenges and opportunities"

Sébastien Destercke sebastien.destercke at hds.utc.fr
Fri Jun 17 05:55:55 EDT 2022

*** please disseminate to whomever may be interested ***

Dear colleagues,

We are delighted to announce our second SIPTA online seminar on
imprecise probabilities (IP). These monthly events are open to anyone
interested in IP, and will be followed by a Q&A and open discussion.
They also provide an occasion for the community to meet, keep in touch
and exchange between in-person events.

For this second seminar, we are very happy to have Ruobin Gong as our
speaker. After a PhD at Harvard, she is now assistant professor at
Rutgers, working at the crossroad of imprecise probabilities,
statistics and data science.

On the 29th of June, at 15:00 CEST (up to 17:00 CEST, with a talk
duration of 45min/1h), she will talk about "Imprecise probabilities in
modern data science: challenges and opportunities”. Curious? Then
check out the abstract on the webpage of the SIPTA seminars:
sipta.org/events/sipta-seminars. The zoom link for attending the
seminar will appear on that same page shortly before the event. So
please mark your calendars on the 29th of June, 15:00 CEST, and join
us for the occasion.

And for those who missed the previous seminar and want to catch up, or
simply want to see it again and again, it is now online at
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPER8Dfil66KZCYlsK86XCQ/featured.

See you at the seminar!

Sébastien Destercke, Enrique Miranda and Jasper De Bock