Connectionists: First tutorial on polynomial networks at CVPR'22

Razvan Pascanu r.pascanu at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 05:54:31 EDT 2022

Dear All,

Sorry for cross-posting.

For those participating to CVPR'22 we want to advertise the first tutorial
on polynomial networks.

*Date:*  20th June 2022, 1 - 5 pm (CDT).
*Place:* Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, New Orleans, USA.

*Site:* https://polynomial-nets.github.io/

*Background:* Polynomial networks enable a new network design that treats a
network as a high-degree polynomial expansion of the input. Recently,
polynomial networks have demonstrated competitive performance in a range of
tasks, including image classification, reinforcement learning,
non-euclidean representation learning, (conditional) image generation, and
sequence models. Despite the fact that polynomial networks have appeared
for several decades in machine learning and complex systems, theyare not
widely acknowledged for their role in modern deep learning.

*Goals of the tutorial:*
       a) Draw parallelisms between modern deep learning approaches and
polynomial networks,
       b) Introduce a wider audience to this paradigm for designing
architectures. That makes our tutorial accessible to both early career
practitioners and established researchers.

We hope to see you there!