Connectionists: [JOBS] 1 Post-Doc open Positions on AI-ML to understand and contrast social media threats for teenagers

Dimitri Ognibene dimitri.ognibene at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 14:13:02 EDT 2022

[JOBS] 1 Post-Doc open Positions on AI-ML to understand and contrast social
media threats for teenagers

######### Apologize for cross posting  #########

Dear colleagues,

University Milano-Bicocca  is offering 1 postdoctoral position on machine
learning and AI applied to understand and contrast social media threats for
teenagers.

The successful participant will be involved in the multidisciplinary
project COURAGE funded by Volkswagen Foundation.

The position is research  starting in September 2022

Please contact us for expression of interest and preliminary information:

dimitri.ognibene at unimib dot it (PI)

1 Researcher Position

Application Opens: Middle June (tbd)

Application Closes: late June (tbd)

Interview: 5th July  h14 (CET)

Starts:     September 2022

Duration: 1.5 years (18 months)

 Salary: €2600 pm

Work permit: valid permit to work in Italy from September 2022 is a strong
asset

Topics: Social media, NLP, machine learning, cognitive models, opinion
dynamics, computer vision, reinforcement learning, graph neural network,
recommender systems, network analysis

Project: COURAGE https://www.upf.edu/web/courage

Informal description of the job:

Do social media harm teenagers and our society?

Can we make them safer?

Let's understand how to reshape social media algorithms together with this
competitive research positions in #machinelearnig, #artificialintelliegence
and #socialmedia modelling based in Università degli Studi di
Milano-Bicocca on the project COURAGE  #couragecompanion

#AIforSocialGood We will use the state of the art in graph neural networks,
reinforcement learning, nlp, cv, and machine learning in general to improve
our understanding of social media dynamics, and help our society by
supporting and teaching young people tackle hate speech and fake news in
social media.

Many opportunities for interdisciplinary and international research

--
Dimitri Ognibene, PhD
Associate Professor at Università Milano-Bicocca

http://sites.google.com/site/dimitriognibenehomepage/
*Skype:* dimitri.ognibene