Connectionists: [EXT] If you believe in your work ...

Tsvi Achler achler at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 10:57:51 EDT 2022

Jean-Marc,

The idea to let the editor decide was directed more to publications than
funding.

For funding decisions I think the key is to break the hegemony by primarily
funding those who have little say in the system.  That's a way to equalize
the say and sources of ideas in the system.
In that vein, one suggestion is to fund research primarily through junior
researchers and give them the power, if a senior researcher needs large
money then they to do it by a mechanism setup where they court junior
researchers.

Another suggestion for funding is let each member of staff in the funding
committee have N favorite applications a year that they can choose
bypassing the others' scrutiny,

Indeed some random funding is a great idea as well.

Follow my channel on YouTube "Updating Research" for more ideas:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbvTQ3lLVvikKaYnNH3kH3g

BTW. this is how bad peer reviewed & politicized research can get:
https://www.science.org/content/article/potential-fabrication-research-images-threatens-key-theory-alzheimers-disease

-Tsvi