Connectionists: Announcement: spiking neural networks workshop Nov 9-10, deadline Sept 28

Goodman, Daniel F M d.goodman at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Jul 22 10:37:47 EDT 2022

We will be holding the third incarnation of our annual workshop SNUFA<http://snufa.net/2022/> on spiking neural networks. This online workshop brings together hundreds of researchers in the fields of computational neuroscience, machine learning, and neuromorphic engineering to present their work and discuss ways of translating these findings into a better understanding of neural circuits. Topics include artificial and biologically plausible learning algorithms and the dissection of trained spiking circuits toward understanding neural processing. We have a manageable number of talks with ample time for discussions.

Key information

  *   The workshop will take place 9-10 November in the afternoons (central europe timezone).
  *   Registration is free but mandatory. Click here to register<https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/snufa-workshop-2022-tickets-387490864607>.
  *   Abstract submission deadline is 28 September. Click here to submit<https://forms.office.com/r/izX1Wimhy6>.
  *   Final decisions by 12 October.

Invited speakers

  *   Charlotte Frenkel<https://chfrenkel.github.io/>, TU Delft
  *   Priya Panda<https://intelligentcomputinglab.yale.edu/>, Yale
  *   Yiota Poirazi<http://dendrites.gr/>, Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology (IMBB)
  *   Yonghong Tian<https://www.pkuml.org/>, Peking University

Abstracts will be made publicly available at the end of the abstract submissions deadline for blinded public comments and ratings. We will select the most highly rated abstracts for contributed talks, subject to maintaining a balance between the different fields of, broadly speaking, neuroscience, computer science and neuromorphic engineering. Abstracts not selected for a talk will be presented as posters, and there is an option to submit an abstract directly for a poster and not a talk if you prefer.

The workshop will also feature a debate with all speakers invited. The subject of the debate is yet to be decided - please do get in touch if you have a fun idea!

To get a feel for the workshop, take a look at our previous incarnations on YouTube for 2020<https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL09WqqDbQWHFvM9DFYkM_GfnrVnIdLRhy> and 2021<https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL09WqqDbQWHEqm1_3a620tKUKnC6FgBrG>.

Many thanks, and hope to see you there,

The SNUFA executive committee,

Dan Goodman
Friedemann Zenke