Connectionists: weight guessing quickly solves n-bit parity

Ross Gayler r.gayler at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 06:26:33 EDT 2022

Andreas Wichert has mentioned Dave Touretzky's 1998 query to the
connectionists mailing list: "Is connectionist symbol processing dead?"

The responses to that query were collected and published in Neural
Computing Surveys, which doesn't exist anymore.
However, the paper is still available from the WaybackMachine:
https://web.archive.org/web/20170706013814/ftp://ftp.icsi.berkeley.edu/pub/ai/jagota/vol2_1.pdf

Cheers

Ross