Connectionists: Stephen Hanson in conversation with Geoff Hinton

Gary Marcus gary.marcus at nyu.edu
Mon Jul 18 12:32:25 EDT 2022

sure, but this goes back to Tom’s point about representation; i addressed this sort of thing at length in Chapter 3 of The Algebraic Mind.

You can solve this one problem in that way but then give up most of the other virtues of Transformers etc if you build a different network and representational scheme for each problem you encounter.