Connectionists: Two online interviews about my work in neural networks over the years

Grossberg, Stephen steve at bu.edu
Thu Jan 13 11:14:27 EST 2022

Dear Connectionist colleagues,

I have listed below urls for two recent interviews with me about my life and work, including my recently published Magnum Opus called Conscious Mind, Resonant Brain: How Each Brain Makes a Mind:

https://www.amazon.com/Conscious-Mind-Resonant-Brain-Makes/dp/0190070552

Interview with Stephen Grossberg in January 2021 in the Brain Stream series of podcasts by The BCI Guys, Harrison Canning and Colin Fausnaght. The interview reviews Grossberg's work from when he began modeling how each brain makes a mind as a college Freshman in 1957 to the present, including his new book Conscious Mind, Resonant Brain: How Each Brain Makes a Mind.

https://lnkd.in/ejTaXaWA

Interview with Stephen Grossberg in December 2021 for IEEE Spectrum by Kathy Pretz. The topic is: Deep Learning Can't Be Trusted. The interview discusses computational weaknesses of Deep Learning and how Adaptive Resonance Theory overcomes them.

https://lnkd.in/ewKKAJhF

Best,

Steve Grossberg

Stephen Grossberg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Grossberg
http://scholar.google.com/citations?user=3BIV70wAAAAJ&hl=en
https://youtu.be/9n5AnvFur7I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hBye6JQCh4
https://www.amazon.com/Conscious-Mind-Resonant-Brain-Makes/dp/0190070552

Wang Professor of Cognitive and Neural Systems
Director, Center for Adaptive Systems
Professor Emeritus of Mathematics & Statistics,
       Psychological & Brain Sciences, and Biomedical Engineering
Boston University
sites.bu.edu/steveg
steve at bu.edu