Connectionists: CfP - 4th International Workshop on Key Enabling Technologies for Digital Factories (KET4DF) @ CAiSE 2022

Giacomo Cabri giacomo.cabri at unimore.it
Wed Feb 16 13:49:47 EST 2022

[ apologies for potential cross-postings ]

          Call For Papers
    4th International Workshop on
  Key Enabling Technologies for Digital Factories
      in conjunction with CAiSE 2022
           Leuven, Belgium

https://sites.google.com/view/ket4df2022/

Paper submission deadline
March 8, 2022, 11:59pm Hawaii Time

** IMPORTANT NEWS **
Selected papers of the workshop will be invited to provide extended
versions for submissions to a Special Issue of the"Sensors" journal
https://www.mdpi.com/journal/sensors/about. More details are available
on the Workshop Web site.

Scope
---------------------
The manufacturing industry is entering a new digital era in which
advanced information systems and especially (big) data-driven methods
and Artificial Intelligence techniques allow companies to move beyond
distributed and supervisory control systems to support significant
operational improvements and allow dynamic adaptability. Moreover,
human-centered trustworthy AI systems provide the ability to augment
human work and extend human capabilities in order to solve problems and
achieve goals that were unreachable by either humans or machines alone.
Such efforts may allow the manufacturing industry in the post-COVID to
services towards a circular and resilient economy.

This workshop seeks at providing the opportunity for inspiration and
cross-fertilization for the research groups working on technological
solutions for digital factories and smart manufacturing. We welcome
innovative papers from academic and industrial researchers covering a
wide range of topics of interests in the computer science and computer
engineering fields.

Topics of interest
---------------------
The topics include but are not limited to:

* Advanced Information Systems for Smart Manufacturing
* Information Systems Engineering for Production Management
* Big Data Technologies and Analytics for Smart Manufacturing
* Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning methods for production
systems
* AI and digital twin applications in production and operations management
* Design issues for multimodal human-AI interactions in the industrial
environment
* Explainable and transparent AI in manufacturing
* AI approaches to support and leverage circular economy production models
* AI approaches to predict and minimize the effects of unpredictable events
* Digital intelligent assistants, software robots (softbots) and chatbots
* Applications of Human-Centered AI systems in manufacturing

Important Dates
---------------------
Paper submission:

Acceptance notification:

Workshop:
6 or 7 June 2022

---------------------
Workshop Co-chairs:
---------------------

Giacomo Cabri
Università di Modena e Reggio Emilia, Italy

Federica Mandreoli
Università di Modena e Reggio Emilia, Italy

Gregoris Mentzas
National Technical University of Athens, Greece

Karl Hribernik
BIBA - Bremer Institut für Produktion und Logistik GmbH, Germany

Workshop web site: https://sites.google.com/view/ket4df2022/

--