Connectionists: Weird beliefs about consciousness

Stephen José Hanson jose at rubic.rutgers.edu
Mon Feb 14 11:56:29 EST 2022

this is a great list of behavior..

Some biologically might be termed reflexive, taxes, classically
conditioned, implicit (memory/learning)... all however would not be
conscious in the several senses:  (1)  wakefulness-- sleep  (2) self
aware (3) explicit/declarative.

I think the term is used very loosely, and I believe what GPT3 and other
AI are hoping to show signs of is "self-awareness"..

"what will you be doing in 2030?"

Steve