Connectionists: Weird beliefs about consciousness

Richard Loosemore rloosemore at susaro.com
Mon Feb 14 11:47:06 EST 2022

Geoff,

Necessary and sufficient conditions.

For some people, they have a list of necessary conditions for consciousness. GPT-3 fails that test.

Those people don’t know the sufficient conditions for consciousness. Your summary of that is that those people “are very unclear about what consciousness is.”

That should clarify what seems to be a strange combination.

(I would add that am not one of those people, but I felt like speaking up on their behalf).

Richard Loosemore