Connectionists: 12 Postdoctoral positions - Ruhr University Bochum

Vinita Samarasinghe malini.vinita.samarasinghe at ini.ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Fri Feb 11 07:35:02 EST 2022

*12 postdoctoral positions (min. 3 years) in Neuroscience, Psychology,
and Philosophy of Mind***

The Ruhr University Bochum and the University of Duisburg-Essen are
among Germany’s leading research universities. They draw their strength
from both the diversity and the proximity of natural sciences,
humanities, and engineering disciplines on coherent campuses. These
highly dynamic settings enable researchers to work across traditional
boundaries of academic subjects and faculties.

*We are searching for advanced postdocs who ideally already have ca. 2
years of research experience*and want to continue their careers in an
inspiring environment that fosters interdisciplinary approaches. We aim
to install an outstanding group of postdocs, starting on 1^st of April
2022 at the earliest, who are tightly integrated with the research focus
“THINK at Ruhr”. Details of this research program as well as all further
procedural details are outlined on the website: _*www.thinkatruhr.de*
<http://www.ThinkAtRuhr.de/>_. Deadline of application is February 27, 2022.

*Applicants should have *an excellent PhD in a research topic related to
neuroscience, psychology, or philosophy of mind and should already have
published in high-ranking peer-reviewed journals. The postdoc positions
offer a focus on research only (no teaching or administration). It is
expected that the successful candidate will submit a grant proposal to
establish her/his own research group (e.g. ERC Starting Grant, Emmy
Noether Research Grant, Sofja Kovalevskaja Award, etc.) during the
postdoctoral period. Candidate selection will be based on whether
submission of such a proposal is a realistic goal in addition to usual
measures of scientific excellence.

The candidates will be associated with faculty members who are named on
the website thinkatruhr.de. THINK at Ruhr will foster and support any
research activities of the postdocs. Our universities offer attractive
academic career track options and family friendly conditions.

For more information including application procedure and contact
information please visit https://thinkatruhr.de/what-we-offer/