Connectionists: Postdoc position in reinforcement learning and decision making

Christos Dimitrakakis christos.dimitrakakis at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 12:03:18 EST 2022

We are looking for a post-doctoral reseasrcher to join our group on
reinforcement learning and decision making under uncertainty more
generally, at the Chalmers university of Technology, Sweden. Within
the area, we are looking for candidates with a strong research
interest in the following fields

- Reinforcement learning and decision making under uncertainty:
1. Exploration in reinforcement learning.
2. Decision making nuder partial information.
3. Representations of uncertainty in decision making.
4. Theory of reinforcement learning (e.g. PAC/regret bounds)
5. Bayesian inference and approximate Bayesian methods.

- Social aspect of machine learning
1. Theory of differntial privacy.
2. Algorithms for differentially private machine learning.
3. Algorithms for fairness in machine learning.
4. Interactions between machine learning and game theory.
5. Inference of human models of fairness or privacy.

The researcher will be mainly wirking with Christos Dimitrakakis
https://sites.google.com/site/christosdimitrakakis -
they will have the opportunity to visit and work with other group
members at the University of Oslo, Norway (
https://www.mn.uio.no/ifi/english/people/aca/chridim/index.html ),
Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden (
http://www.cse.chalmers.se/~chrdimi/ )  and the University of Neuchatel,
Switzerland.

Examples of our group's past and current research can be found on arxiv:
https://arxiv.org/search/?searchtype=author&query=Dimitrakakis%2C+C.

The postdoctoral researcher must have a strong technical background, as
evidenced by publications in conferences such as
AAAI/AISTATS/ALT/COLT/IJCAI/ICML/ICLR/NeurIPS/UAI and journals such as
JMLR/JAIR in the following areas:

1. Fairness.
2. Privacy.
3. Reinforcement learning
4. Statistical inference.

*Application deadline* 30 February 2021.

Please apply here

https://www.chalmers.se/en/about-chalmers/Working-at-Chalmers/Vacancies/Pages/default.aspx