Connectionists: AGI Debate with Noam Chomsky and many more + concerns about AI and misinformation

Gary Marcus gary.marcus at nyu.edu
Thu Dec 22 08:49:33 EST 2022

Friday December 23 at 5pm ET: Noam Chomsky, Jürgen Schmidhuber, Yejin Choi, Erik Brynjolffson, Kai-Fu Lee,  Ben Goertzel, Francesca Rossi, Jeff Clune, Canadian MP Michelle Rempel Garner, and many more on the future of AI, focusing on research directions, ethics and policy (moderated by me): https://agidebate.com.  [Recording will be available after at the same website].
Also: my growing concerns about large language models and their potential for vastly accelerating the production of misinformation, with some policy suggestions: https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/ai-platforms-like-chatgpt-are-easy-to-use-but-also-potentially-dangerous/