Connectionists: multiple postdoc positions at Microsoft Research NYC in ML and RL

Robert Schapire schapire at microsoft.com
Fri Dec 2 13:08:00 EST 2022

Microsoft Research New York City<https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/research/lab/microsoft-research-new-york/> (MSR NYC) is seeking outstanding applicants for multiple postdoctoral researcher positions in machine learning (ML) and AI, especially in the following focus areas: theoretical ML, interactive ML (including reinforcement learning and active learning), and natural language processing (including grounded language understanding and applications of RL to NLP).  These are two-year positions, starting in July 2023.

For full consideration, all application materials should be submitted by December 9, 2022.

Full details at:  https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/job/1490509/

As a postdoctoral researcher, you will have the opportunity to pursue your own research agenda while interacting with our group's diverse array of researchers and practictioners<https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/research/theme/machine-learning-ai-nyc/people/>, and contributing to ongoing research projects<https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/research/theme/machine-learning-ai-nyc/publications/>.  We collaborate extensively with groups at other MSR locations and across Microsoft.  Postdoc researchers receive a competitive salary and benefits, and are eligible for relocation benefits.

Microsoft Research offers an exhilarating and supportive environment for cutting-edge, multidisciplinary research, both theoretical and empirical, with access to an extraordinary diversity of data sources, an open publications policy, and close links to top academic institutions around the world.

We are seeking candidates in the general area of machine learning, especially those with a demonstrated interest in the following focus areas:  theoretical machine learning, interactive machine learning (including theoretical, applied, and empirical reinforcement learning and active learning), and natural language processing (including grounded language understanding and applications of RL to NLP).  Applicants should have a well-established research track record, evidenced by conference or journal publications (or equivalent pieces of writing) and broader contributions to the research community.

Applicants must have fulfilled their PhD degree requirements, including submission of their dissertation, prior to joining MSR NYC.  We encourage candidates with tenure-track academic job offers to apply (with the option of doing a one-year rather than two-year postdoc), provided they are able to defer their start date by at least one year to accept our position.

To be assured of full consideration, all application materials, including reference letters, need to be received by December 9, 2022.  Applications received after that date may or may not be considered.

Details on qualifications, how to apply, etc. can be found at:  https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/job/1490509/