Connectionists: A postdoc position in image processing, machine learning, and neuroscience

Hideaki Shimazaki hideaki.shimazaki at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 21:54:09 EDT 2022

(Posted on behalf of Prof. Shin Ishii, Kyoto University, Japan)

*Call for a postdoctoral researcher*

A postdoc position is available in image processing, machine learning, and
neuroscience.

The objective of the new multi-year project is to understand the neural
basis of behavior changes in humans/animals. We shall tackle the AI-based
image processing technology for capturing body movements and characterizing
possible changes in behaviors. We may also develop methods of analyzing
neuronal co-activation from large-scale Ca imaging data or capturing brain
waves from multichannel ECoG data. We are looking for a young researcher
interested in working on one or some of these topics.

The contract is yearly-basis and renewable *until March 31, 2027*.

Workplace: Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan

A successful applicant should have a Ph.D. in computational neuroscience,
machine learning, physics, applied mathematics, or engineering, but not
limited to these. The applicant should demonstrate research experiences
with a strong publication record. Programming skills in Python or
willingness to learn it, will be valued.

To apply, please send a CV with a publication list, a statement of research
interests (maximum two pages), and contact information of one or two
reference(s) to ishii-sec at sys.i.kyoto-u.ac.jp. Either English or Japanese
is accepted. The starting date is flexible, while earlier arrival is
appreciated. The salary and title follow the university rule and depend on
the record/expertise of an appointed researcher.

Please feel free to send me any informal questions regarding this post.

Sincerely,

Shin Ishii, Ph.D.

Professor with Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan

Director with Advanced Telecommunication Research Institute International
(ATR), Kyoto, Japan

Email:             ishii-sec at sys.i.kyoto-u.ac.jp

Webpage:        https://ishiilab.jp