Connectionists: 1 post-doc position @CTTC Sustainable Artificial Intelligence Research Unit

Marco Miozzo marco.miozzo at cttc.cat
Thu Aug 4 04:17:12 EDT 2022

Dear all,

we have opened a post-doc position in our Sustainable Artificial
Intelligence RU
<https://www.cttc.cat/sustainable-artificial-intelligence-sai/> at CTTC
to work with us on distributed and energy-aware #machinelearning methods
for sustainable #edgecomputing platforms. This activity is in
collaboration with international institutions in EU, UK and US.

*_
_*

*_What do we offer?_*

  * We offer a temporal position (24 months).
  * We have great benefits for employees: conciliation measures (33
    business days of vacation, teleworking plan, flexible hours); We
    complement leaves for temporary disability, tax-free benefits
    (restaurant ticket, childcare center, commute and medical
    insurance), continuous training.
  * Annual gross salary according to the profile of the candidate
  * Full-time contract: 7,5 h/day. Flexibility
  * CTTC category: R2A, R2B, R2C – depending on the experience of the
    candidate (More information:
    https://www.cttc.cat/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/CTTC-Professional-categories.pdf)
  * Start date: October 2022 (tentative)

*_Qualifications and Experience_*

We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic, energetic person,
aiming at significantly improving his or her career perspectives in both
public and private sectors. The researcher will be joining the research
activities of the SAI RU and working on the design and development of
distributed and energy-aware machine learning methods for sustainable
edge computing platforms. The successful applicant should have the
competences of R2 category, and in particular:

  * *Required qualifications/skills/experience:*
      o PhD in Computer Science, Data Science, Telecommunications or
        closely related fields (at the time of signing the contract).
      o Knowledge of Machine Learning (ML) models applied to different
        tasks such as prediction, classification, anomaly detection and
        automatic control.
      o Knowledge of data mining and software libraries (e.g., python)
        for ML implementations.
      o Good publication record in scientific peer-reviewed journals and
        conferences.
  * *Other skills that are valuable, but not mandatory are:*
      o Outstanding English level.
      o Knowledge of Internet of Things, WLANs and mobile networking.
      o Knowledge of optimization theory

*_How to apply?_*

All applications must include:

 1. A complete CV, including a list of publications and the contact
    details of two potential referees.
 2. PhD degree.
 3. Cover letter stating the motivation and suitability of the candidate.

The application documents must be submitted in pdf format through this
online application.

*ONLY APPLICATIONS VIA WEB
https://www.cttc.cat/talent/careers/job-openings/ WILL BE TAKEN INTO
CONSIDERATION.*

CVs and any other information gathered during this process will be
handled confidentially

More information on the research unit:
https://www.cttc.cat/sustainable-artificial-intelligence-sai/ and
https://supercom.cttc.es/

All the info to apply at the following link:
https://www.cttc.cat/job/call-41-2022-1/

Best,

Marco Miozzo.

**
--

*Marco Miozzo*
Senior Researcher
marco.miozzo at cttc.es

Centre Tecnològic de Telecomunicacions de Catalunya (CTTC)
Av. Carl Friedrich Gauss, 7 - Building B4
08860 - Castelldefels
Tel.: +34 93 645 29 00

_DATA PROTECTION INFORMATION. Data controller: CENTRE TECNOLOGIC DE
TELECOMUNICACIONS DE CATALUNYA (G62616586):_

We inform you that your identification data and the data contained in
the emails and attached files can be incorporated into our databases, in
order to maintain professional and / or commercial relationships, and
that it will be preserved throughout the relationship. According to the
current regulations, you can exercise your right to access,
rectification, erasure, restriction of processing, to portability and to
object by sending an email to dpo at cttc.cat.
This message and any attached document, where appropriate, may be
confidential and intended for the original recipient only.

L'informem que les seves dades identificatives i les compreses als
correus electrònics i fitxers adjunts poden ser incorporades a les
nostres bases de dades amb la finalitat de mantenir relacions
professionals i/o comercials i, que seran conservades mentre es
mantingui aquesta relació. Si ho desitja, pot exercir el seu dret
d'accés, rectificació, supressió, limitació del tractament, portabilitat
i objecció enviant un correu electrònic a dpo at cttc.cat.
Aquest missatge i qualsevol document adjunt, en el seu cas, pot ser
confidencial i destinat únicament a la persona o entitat a qui s'hagi
enviat.

Before printing this e-mail or attachments, be sure it is necessary. It
is in our hands to protect the environment.