Connectionists: Announcing the 3rd edition of "I can't believe it is not better" workshop at NeurIPS 2022

david rohde davidjrohde at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 14:06:19 EDT 2022

Do you have results that you can't believe are not better?

Well, we are sorry - but sometimes we can learn more from surprising
negative results.

Announcing the 3rd edition of "I can't believe it is not better" workshop
at NeurIPS 2022.  This time focusing on "Understanding Deep Learning
Through Empirical Falsification".
https://sites.google.com/view/icbinb-2022/home

We solicit contributions which explicitly formulate a hypothesis related to
deep learning or its applications (based on first principles or prior
work), and then empirically falsify it through experiments. We further
encourage submissions to go a layer deeper and investigate the causes of an
initial idea not working as expected. This workshop will showcase how
negative results offer important learning opportunities for deep learning
researchers, possibly far greater than the incremental improvements found
in conventional machine learning papers!

Paper Submission Deadline - Sep 22, 2022
Paper Acceptance Notification - Oct 20, 2022
In-Person Workshop - December 3, 2022