Connectionists: Nencki School of Ideas in Neuroscience

Mateusz Kostecki mtkostecki at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 07:48:09 EDT 2022

Hello!

We are happy to announce our Nencki School of Ideas in Neuroscience!

 It is often being said that neuroscience desperately needs ideas.

We are flooded by data and it is harder and harder to make sense of it.
But, at the same time, most courses and workshops in neuroscience teach us
experimental techniques, giving us more tools to gather even more data. But
we are not taught how to develop ideas.

We believe that theoretical thinking and idea development is a skill – a
skill that can be trained and developed. Our school will aim at teaching
how to develop theoretical thinking, how to create ideas, and put their
research in a broader context. We want you to learn how to make sense of
data.

Our guests are Eve Marder, Luiz Pessoa, Jacqueline Gottlieb, Yukie Nagai,
Gregory Kohn, Paul Cisek, Joel Z Leibo, Romain Brette, Jacqueline Sullivan,
Adrien Doerig, Nicole Nelson, Marcin Miłkowski, Liad Mudrik, Wiktor
Młynarski and Mel Andrews.

Please find more info and the registration form here -
https://nenckiopenlab.org/school-of-ideas/

See you in Warsaw!

Mateusz